Data Services Product Manager
Data Services Product Manager
The Data Services Product Manager is responsible for shaping and co-executing the product vision and roadmap for Biocompare’s data products offering. The position will work closely with our data team to extract insights from our comprehensive data lake and Biocompare website and subscriber engagement data. Insights from this data can aid our clients by helping them answer critical business questions, better understand market trends, and enable them to make better data-driven decisions.
This role will also support our off-the-shelf data products by developing the messaging and collateral needed to execute on our sales and marketing strategy. The role will also be responsible for product development of our off-the-shelf and custom data products, which includes taking ideas from concept to launch, and working closely with internal cross-functional teams to execute on time and within budget.
You’ll be a central part of the company, working cross-functionally with other departments as well as with the leadership team to define the roadmap and strategy to grow top-line and bottom-line revenue for this product line. You will have an opportunity to have a significant and very visible impact in the continued success of product development as we look to help transform the way life science tool providers solve business problems.
- Sales and revenue growth for our new data products portfolio
- Understand and be the voice of the customer and end-user, working with the Biocompare sales team to gather and use insights to optimize existing product offerings and services and develop new, custom offerings
- Participate in consultative client discussions to uncover business needs and identify how our offerings can help solve them
- Develop client proposals that articulate the features and benefits of our custom solutions
- Synthesize, analyze and Interpret data to create visually compelling presentations and outputs that simplify the communication of complex information and enhance comprehension
- Be seen as a subject matter expert and internal thought leader on current market and competitive landscape for the life science market.
- Develop marketing and sales collateral for all of our data products, as well as necessary materials to support the custom data project part of the business.
- Define, track and analyze KPIs that inform the success rate of product development
- BS or BA degree with 3+ years of experience in market research, business intelligence, and or data science, data analytics fields in the life sciences
- Previous experience bringing data products to market
- Ability to understand, translate and integrate marketplace data and secondary data tools into actionable insights to drive decision-making
- Strong project management skills and a proven track record of successfully implementing initiatives
- Previous product development experience in intelligence, market research, consulting and strategy
- Direct experience and demonstrated ability to develop executive level presentations to support sales team
- Excellent presentation, communication, client influencing, and relationship-building skills, professional services/consulting experience is a big plus.
- Have excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to explain complicated data products to others
- Experience in primary/secondary market research, strategic insights, market research, business analytics, or a related area is preferred
- Experience creating and presenting dashboards through the use of a best of breed visualization tool such as PowerBi, Tableau
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience using data management and visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI to develop ETL processes, data models
- Experience with agile product-development processes
This job posting outlines the general nature and key features of this position and is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. A detailed job description is available, but management retains the right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
CompareNetworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer