Sales Account Manager
Note: This position is open to remote anywhere USA, but work hours are primarily EST.
At GlobalSpec, our vision is to be the most trusted provider of data-driven industrial marketing solutions that help companies in the industrial space promote their products and grow their businesses. Every day we provide critical information through our newsletters, webinars and websites to engineers and other technical professionals across the world that keeps them informed and enables comprehensive discovery of industrial parts so that they can solve today’s complex engineering challenges. We combine the power of our authoritative brands with a broad portfolio of digital and content capabilities.
We understand the importance of work/life balance and strive to be flexible in work hours and work locations. We offer 11-paid holidays a year and offer a flexible time off plan that allows employees to take the time they need as their workload allows. We know that there’s more to life than work, and our time off plans are designed for that!
GlobalSpec, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Compare Networks. Inc.
You have a competitive spirit and love to win – whether on the field or at work. Sales isn’t for the faint of heart. You’ve known the thrill of victory and you also know how to pick yourself up, brush yourself off, and get back in the game. You’re independent, but understand and appreciate the teams that help you deliver. You are extremely driven, hungry, committed and you have grit. Most importantly, you have excellent listening skills, enjoy building professional relationships with your customers, and are creative in figuring out how best to serve them.
As a Sales Account Manager, your core responsibility is maximizing profitable company sales revenue by identifying, qualifying, negotiating, and closing new business to exceed sales targets. The focus of your work will be prospecting, building and maintaining strong relationships with our prospects and clients across North American commercial & industrial markets. This will require careful listening, a strong understanding of our products, services, and account strategies, and creativity in proposing the right solutions for their business needs.
- Nurture and acquire new clients in order to achieve quarterly and annual sales goals
- Responsible to sell new accounts as well as maintain and grow existing accounts
- Develop and maintain a robust pipeline of new business opportunities
- Use a combination of professional skill-sets and experiences to succeed both internally and externally in achieving your sales goals.
- Follow and execute a solution sales process for prospecting and converting new client acquisition. Uncover new revenue opportunities with your prospect or customer based on the understanding of goals, work flows, and strategies being deployed within the accounts
- Accurate upkeep of all ongoing sales activities in our CRM system (Salesforce)
- Understand the product sales cycle and challenges, including the strategies of competitors, leveraging this knowledge to hone sales strategies
- Work with Sales Director to assist in accomplishing company goals
- Work with Product Management to ensure proper positioning of complex solutions
- Provide ongoing feedback from clients to Sales Managers, SME’s, and Product Management
- Adhere to Company’s administrative guidelines including but not limited to, customer activity documentation, monthly/quarterly sales reports and required training
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Marketing or related field – or equivalent work experience in Sales or Marketing
- 3-5 years experience in consultative B2B Media sales (industrial/manufacturing sector) preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact, present and persuade all levels of customers including senior-level leadership
- Strong professional presence
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently
GlobalSpec, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job posting outlines the general nature and key features of this position and is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. A detailed job description is available, but management retains the right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
CompareNetworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer