As the Corporate Controller at CompareNetworks you will be responsible for accounting operations, internal controls, preparation of the consolidated financial statements, and integration of acquired businesses. You will be responsible for ensuring GAAP compliance as well as partner with other departments to facilitate process and system improvements leveraging business acumen to do so. You will be instrumental in the growth, development, and coordination of the accounting department as we continue to implement best practices across the team. You will have the opportunity to use your deep accounting and GAAP knowledge to guide the development of the company, department, and team in partnership with the CFO.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Direct the activities of the accounting department and supervise / manages accounting personnel. Create and maintain an environment for feedback, collaboration, and positive team culture.
- Oversee and own the month-end close process to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensure reconciliations of key general ledger accounts are performed and review key account reconciliations
- Maintain internal control, segregation of duties and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and expenditures.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; monitor progress and changes and keep CFO & senior leadership abreast of the financial status.
- Provide business departments with financial information required by them to carry out their assigned responsibilities.
- Prepare Board-level reports and supporting analysis including coordinating with CFO to prepare management’s discussion and analysis of financial results.
- Coordinate with CFO, prepare quarterly Board-level presentations covering topics including financial, operational, and sales initiatives, quarterly financial results, etc.
- Assists in acquisition financial analysis (including creating pro forma financial data) and prepare purchase accounting for acquired businesses; ensure compliance with transaction purchase/sale agreements where applicable.
- In coordination with the CFO, manage relationships with the company’s bankers and outside accountants.
- Coordinate/manage work performed by outside auditors, tax accountants, and other outside resources.
- Manage organizational cash flow, historical reporting & forecasting by working in partnership with the CFO.
- Maintain compliance with loan agreement, including forecasting/making debt service payments, forecasting compliance with financial covenants, and preparing debt compliance certificates.
- Coordinate company financial planning and budgeting/forecasting activities.
- Advises and updates management about insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities, in conjunction with the CFO.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings in coordination with the CFO.
- Develop, refine and document best-in-class business policies, processes, and procedures.
- Stay abreast of current accounting standards and their impact on the business for planning and integration.
- Work across the organization to ensure technology is leveraged in support of operating and accounting processes; take a leadership role in any new software initiatives impacting accounting processes.
- This position is responsible for managing the personnel in the Accounting Department.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, and equivalent business experience including 10+ years of progressively responsible experience.
- Active Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software (Microsoft Dynamics / Great Plains, Management Reporter, Microsoft Excel, and Salesforce).
- Technical proficiency in accounting (GAAP), reporting and analysis, budgeting, internal controls and treasury/cash management.
- Strong technical accounting skills specific to ASC 606 Revenue Recognition & Intercompany reporting.
- Solid business acumen and understanding of business processes and controls – can quickly grasp how a business makes money and how processes can be improved.
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers.
- Intellectual curiosity and problem-solving skills to see beyond the numbers and understand the impact on the business.
- High-level of integrity, credibility, objectivity, and confidentiality.
- Effective at time-management, including delegating tasks as appropriate, holding people accountable for results and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong people-driven skills, able to work well with a diverse workforce and communicate well (listening, speaking, and writing clearly).
- Experience creating an environment to yield best-in-class customer service to ensure we exceed the needs of our internal and external customers without compromising our integrity or compliance.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, or other outside partners.
This job posting outlines the general nature and key features of this position and is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. A detailed job description is available, but management retains the right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
CompareNetworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer